Colonel Henry Fox received land on the Wateree and Santee Rivers in 1764. He later moved onto the land now Ft. Jackson and operated mills on Colonel's Creek, named after him, maintaining a large acreage of land. His decendants spread into Lexington County. One, John Fox, was a prominent citizen of Lexington, SC and his home is one of the main buildings of the Lexington County Museum. Click on blue name heading to reply and see replies.